Lasagna Beds for Beginners

welcome

My adventures into gardening and my discovery of the "Lasagna Bed" technique. Learn from my mistakes and always feel free to comment, good or bad. If I can make a garden anybody can!

06/16/2010 Yard Update


I walked around the yard taking photos so NEXT year I'll know where I'm at at this time. So just bear with this non-exciting photos for a bit.

The Butterfly Garden - front Left


Front right - Gaillardia are just coming out


The cotoneaster acutifolia all have little berries or something on them.


I just love out group of three Dogwoods (Cornus Variegata) - this is their 2nd year.


The Dragons Blood Sedium is about to flower on the west side of the house (sorry - no larger shot at the moment).


The front of the house is filling in nicely - when we moved in this was nothing but gravel.


The Jolly Bee Geraniums are blooming in front AND back. And if you look one is tryign to take over the shrubs in front - Go for it!



Below is looking west in the front of the house - from left to right - Red Chokeberry, Regal Hosta, Cranberry Cotoneaster (Cotoneaster apiculatus) is a wonderful small but sprawling ornamental shrub, Taxus brevifolia and Jolly Bees.
 

Back Patio Jolly Bees and Cotoneasters and weeds - this area was wild flowers last year and MAN - what a headache - this was cleaned up 4 days later - I'll have photos - looks GREAT now.


The Rockery is coming along great = I'll have a separate post for this complicated area with 19? different ground covers.


And from above


The Clay Garden which NOW, one week later is in 80% full bloom).


Sweet Autumn Clematis is on the move. Growing at least 3 inchs a day.


That's it for now - I'll have photos from 1 week later soon. 

0 comments: