Lasagna Beds for Beginners

welcome

My adventures into gardening and my discovery of the "Lasagna Bed" technique. Learn from my mistakes and always feel free to comment, good or bad. If I can make a garden anybody can!

Veronica Iiwanensis as of 4/30/2010 Erosion control


My friend Brien piked up some Turkish Veronica (Veronica Iiwanensis) but then found he could not use them - so I adopted them and we decided to put them in an area that has a small erosion problem.  Not thr pretties yet but we shall see what happens.

One review says "This low-growing Veronica is a great groundcover: it grows relatively quickly, but does not take over its neighbors; it is covered in sky blue blooms for weeks in spring; its foliage is evergreen (even in Zone 5); it does not require much water; it does not require any maintenance to look great (other than perhaps combing debris like fallen leaves out if it with your fingers); and, it does not appear to be picky about soil."



Closer view

0 comments: